October has to be among the most beloved months of the year. The changing leaves, the little goblins and ghouls knocking at your door, the mulled wine….
Here are 15 amazing things about October:
1. Sweater weather. Fall is fashion’s New Year. No more fretting over skimpy clothing and feeling sweaty. (And it’s not yet cold enough to be so bundled up that your date can’t see what you look like.) Cozy and comfy is cute.
2. Put the chili on. Comfort food is in again.
3. Pumpkin-spice everything. Bonus points if you can make your own.
4. Mini versions of your favorite candies go on sale. In bulk.
5. You can end the month with an epic costume party — which also happens to be a great date idea.
6. No more A/C. That crisp breeze makes us feel alive again.
7. The air just smells sweeter in October. And now that you have a decreased risk of sweaty palms and sun stroke, you can finally go for long walks with your sweetheart, hand-in-hand.
8. Sports fans get that magical week where they can tune in and watch everything: basketball, hockey, football, and baseball.
9. Apparently October is National Pizza, Popcorn Poppin’, Pork, Seafood, Sausage, and American Cheese month. So throw a party and eat all those foods.
10. Speaking of sausages and parties, Oktoberfest is can’t-miss.
11. Fall movies. Awards season is coming — so the movies are getting better.
12. Another great date idea: Apple picking. Followed by hot apple cider.
13. On rainy days, you can curl up with a hot toddy and a loved one. The dreariness of winter has yet to set in, so the dark days are still romantic ones. Call the chimney sweep and get your fireplace in working order.
14. You get to be a kid again and carve pumpkins! Roast the seeds for a tasty snack while you perfect your creations.
15. Only two months until Christmas!